Extension to Drummee Civic Amenity Site
The project consisted of extending the existing Civic Amenity Site to create increased capacity and improve safety for public usage and to separate the public access from the existing commercial access in order to improve efficiency for users and council staff.
Scope of works included;
- Demolition and alteration to the existing MRF building
- Construction of reinforced concrete retaining structure for the installation of new waste compactor units and new roll on roll off container skips.
- The construction of a new public traffic system with new entrance and exit
- The construction of a new concrete yard for commercial vehicles to access separately from the public and remove waste and container skips
- The construction of a new slipway adjacent to the existing weighbridge to improve the access for the commercial traffic within the waste transfer area.
- Associated Drainage works, Mechanical & Electrical works, service diversions, CCTV upgrade, fencing automated barriers, signage & road markings.
Whilst working in this operational environment, works were carefully phased to ensure the existing Civic Amenity Site remained unaffected during the construction phase.
Call us now on: Tel:028 3834 1255Back